It’s been a month since I am off sugar. Do I crave snacks? Heck yeah!
Every Monday at my danish class, sitting and being mentally challenged, I crave that beautiful, juicy, chocolaty muffin that sell at the cafeteria. And it is so very close by.
I do eat sweet things, just not refined or manufactured sugar, and most of the store bought snacks just cannot pass my test.
So I went, heck, I’m gonna make my own snack.
The recipe is simple:
- 3 riped banana, mashed
- Oat (or I used musli)
- Cinnamon powder
- Chopped dates
- 1 table spoon of Coconut oil
I did followed a recipe very loosely but ditched most of the measurements. As I was eyeing it out, the only important things as far as measurements are:
- Slightly more banana than oats
- More dates > sweeter. Mind you date has a large amount of natural sugar in. So I put only a few of them in my batch.
- Mash banana, mix all the ingredients, adjust portions as you go
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Spoon mixture on lined baking tray into small scoops, flattern as necessary
- Bake in preheated oven at 175 C
- Check cookies are golden brown and not moist
- Put it in your mouth and enjoy!